subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ode to Grandma Gillam

I do not have the talent of giving good "gift".
I am just sayin'..... I go practical, I go useful, and I am known to have it wrapped in off season paper or its original bag (I get that from my parents..... Christmas gifts were often in garbage bags or their original box..... not blaming, again- just sayin')
Grandma Gillam is the ultimate gift giver. She picks ALWAYS exactly what you want, each gift is wrapped individually (never lumped together) in extremely cute and always appropriate paper.

So Grandma and Grandpa Gillam's birthday gifts arrived today for Maddy.
One cute gift was an i-dog......... went well with our brown-dog :)
Grandma Gillam sent an article on sea glass. Maddy was SO excited about this as she had collected some at camp this past summer- so she ran to get the glass after reading the article. Truly I think she is the only child I know who would stop to read when she had a table full of presents in front of her to open.

Grandma even managed to find two Pookalooz (Cheshire Cat and OogieBoogie)- they are new stuffed Disney creatures that Maddy has taken to collecting. Hard to find, so Maddy was WAY excited about them!
Aunt Michele sent Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games for the Wii.....
....so you can guess how the girls spent their Saturday afternoon between their two swim practices.... got back in their pj's and fired up the Wii!

Dear Grandma Gillam,
I would like to thank you for everything that you gave me. It was some of my favorite things that I got for my birthday (I loved Grandma Sue's movies and Bubby and Poppa Jacks books- but they weren't wrapped as nicely) When I saw the package I screamed (you can ask Ellie's ears!) I liked the wrapping paper way better than mom's (I got some princesses in snow outfits from her- reindeers too) The article was a nice touch.... Can't wait to see you again!
Love Maddy

Note:
*ya- it was me that wrapped Grandma Sue's and Bubby's presents
... its like I said, I don't give good "gift"... even when it comes to wrapping for other people...

No comments:

Post a Comment