subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Valentine's Day! Not to mention the three day weekend- President's Day here in the States and Family Day up in Canada- oh and lets just call it No Day Off for Government of Guam Employees Day for me! Sound a bit bitter?- think maybe I am.......

Madison and I went to see Lightning Thief yesterday- had a really nice time and she really enjoyed the movie.
One thing I find out of character for her (I might have mentioned this before?)- she doesn't compare books to movies. As obsessive as she is about books you would think she would be one of those people who were anti-movie-made-out-of-books (not mentioning any names- Laura!) She appreciates each on their own merit. Kudos to Maddie for that.
The next big movie coming out for her is in March-
She loves this series of books (Ann and Gene got her a few of these for Christmas-read them in a day) lots of sarcastic humor- so up her alley!

Watched the openings for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics last night (ya, the timing is all messed up here.....go figure eh?) and really enjoyed it. Always am proud to be a Canadian- but just that much happier for it yesterday. Had a lot of comments on facebook from my friends, thinking of me when they were watching the opening and how great it was- so I must represent Canada in an ok way for them to have positive thoughts about me as a Canadian right?- hopefully they weren't just trying to be nice.....
Overall- really thought the opening was so well done. The only problem I had was that I had to listen to Matt Lauer for the commentary- he wasn't as kind as he could have been when the cauldron malfunctioned at the end... really, one issue with all those special effects? I call that a success.

Well enjoy your Valentines, and enjoy your Family Day. Might as well call it Fun Being Off Day for Maddie and Ellie 'cause you know they aren't thinking about any of the presidents with their free time!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Not quite here yet.......but boys are in bed and heart shaped pancakes are on the menu for morning.
    Remember at Christmas when I told you the story about all the "Black angels" we have on our Christmas tree......
    I guess you are my only friend from Cananda, so sorry if you felt "lumped together" with all my excitement of the Olympics. I do realize a small bit of the geography and know that your hometown is not even close to the site of the Olympics - but still, it's Cananda eh? :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lump" away my friend! I am happy to be known as the Canadian in your life! Love being thought of with the Olympics on- believe me, you weren't the only one! But I do promise to never buy you a black angel :)

    ReplyDelete