subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Done!

55 nervous system tests graded! Half of them were done at the pool tonight. My students love the water marks on their tests :}

As I was sitting there at the poolside I suddenly looked up and saw this on the wall next to my chair:
Then I noticed he wasn't alone:
Really, ew. Way too many legs for my liking.
Of course Maddie wouldn't say ew- she would be identifying the species. Did I mention she is trading in her dream of marine biology for entomology? I will insist she never brings her work home.

Since I had the camera out I figured I would click a photo-view from my deck chair:
I spend a lot of time at this pool- and I am SO thankful for the deck chairs! Not so thankful for the millepedes though......

4 comments:

  1. PS.........funny bug joke:

    A man went to the pet store to find a pet. The owner of the shop suggested he start with something small - so he took home a millepede. He made a nice home for it and everything was going well.

    One day, the man decided he should take his pet out of the house. So he asked the millepede, "Do you want to go to lunch?"

    The millepede did not reply.

    So again the man said, "Do you want to go to lunch?"

    Again, no reply

    At this point, the man was frustrated with his new pet and he shouted,
    "I SAID, DO YOU WANT TO GO TO LUNCH?"

    The millepede replied, "I heard you the first time, for pete's sake, I'm getting my shoes on!"

    ReplyDelete