subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Things are finally settling down.

Aggie as you know is home. She is pretty much as she was ...happy to see you when you arrive and just as happy to find a place to go lie down. Aggie is old but happy.

Madison is Mrs Money-bags right now...has her birthday money to spend and was daily changing what it was to be spent on. The last three days have consistently been stated and re-stated to be spent on Bitty Twins from American Girl. She is in the process of trying to earn the last dollars needed for the big purchase. Should be any day now.....especially with me paying her to massage my feet...not sure if that falls under emotional abuse or child labor laws?

Ellie is also focused on earning money. She however has very little money, but is trying to earn enough to buy a video game she has been wanting. Her money making scheme involves a Pedi-egg and any callouses she can find on our feet. Dad is a favorite client of hers.

Kevin is coming off a rough weekend. Starting with Texas A&M loosing. That always sets him off. Then Aggie's near death experience. Ending the weekend with his Xbox 360 and computer dying spontaneously. Though I will say he lost sympathy from me and the girls when he came in the room and sat on the bed with us (we girls often have "reading parties" on my bed) and said "everything I have is broken or sick". The girls and I looked at each other like "what are we, chopped liver?" Aggie coming home cheered him up considerably-but to date the Xbox and computer remain dead.....and as far as A&M football goes-ya never can tell what they are going to do next.

Work is still trudging along for me. Mostly good, but definitely moments of "why am I doing this again?" Micki helped a lot by calling me- she told me her first year of teaching was really hard, and she was sure she wasn't cut out for it....but now can't imagine not being a teacher. I hang on to those words daily! Its good but challenging at times. Thanks to everyone for all the positive words- Barb and Julie have been borderline cheerleaders for me! Thanks.

Lets hope everything keeps on this settling trend....looking for no surprises in the coming weeks- what are the odds...

3 comments:

  1. So nice to see your sunny attitude shine through each day! I can hear your voice in your posts and it always makes me smile. Glad to hear that Aggie is doing better! Are those girls for hire?? Whew -- I would pay for a foot massage :) Tell Kevin Christmas is right around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup Chris, I think we are all waiting for Christmas! Hope your new job is going well? Love keeping up with you on facebook =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gillam Family,

    This is Sara talking to Ellie "Hi Ellie! How are you? I miss you! I just got back from gymnastics lessons and I had a lot of fun! I am off to bed soon. Miss you," Sara

    This is Kris talking - Samantha - I, too, have had days when I question why I do what I do. But, then I try to remember the many lives that I am and have touched, nutured, inspired, and cared for each and every day. Just today, when I went out to coach the Cross Country Team, at lunch recess, I was bombarded with hugs and 'I miss you' from my students I had last year. I still have students who come to chat with me and I taught them years ago. Everytime you hear the word "thanks" from a present or past student, just know you did something amazing or special for that child that changed his/her life - that is why I love to teach!!! I hope this helps a bit - you are making a difference each day you teach!

    Kris & Sara Tessier

    ReplyDelete