subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, October 19, 2009

Culture 101


My students have completed all their culture projects. We had from Chamorro, Japanese to Chukkese, all the way over to Canadian. All very interesting. Some Canadian "gestures" I never had heard of- thumb between your first two fingers? The girls found it in their research. Who knew. The Italian presentation was good, lots of information and lots of pasta with pesto!
School is still trekking along. Lots to do. I find it hard to keep up with lesson plans, teaching etc when I keep getting loaded up with administrative stuff. They want me to take on a 6 week college course for LVN's in May- hopefully I can survive until then!


To everyone who knew Alex. I wanted to let you know that she passed away recently.
Thank you Mr and Mrs Cochrane for being you, and for loving Alex so much. I am really so sorry for your loss. As Julie said in a really nice email to me (thanks Julie :) "Who would have imagined a little boonie dog from Guam could touch so many lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment