subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Clearing up...

The storm has passed without any real aftermath. Some rain, some wind but nothing to write home about...but apparently significant enough to blog about....

The big concern this week for the girls has been spirit week....or really the lack of it. I believe I can quote Maddie , who used a phrase that I hadn't heard from her...."spirit week rots". I actually had to ask her to repeat herself to be sure I heard correctly.
It turns out all the hype about spirit week was suppose to be for the middle schoolers only. Lots of announcements, emails sent home- and not one of them can bother to mention that the younger grades need not apply? I even called another parent to clarify who had asked the school counselor- still no one saying it was middle school only. The result of this- the girls wore their pajamas to school Monday- Maddie was the only one in 5th grade to do this and Ellie had one co-mislead buddy in her class. Madison ward off the nay sayers by stating "I am almost in middle school" and Ellie stuck to the other pj girl like glue. Madison feels this has made her more popular.
You think the lesson would be learned- but Maddie put a hat in her bag "just in case" the rules suddenly changed-she wanted to be prepared for day two of spirit week- hat day.

So spirit week officially "rots". The girls have given up the complaints- but both swear their revenge - they will be wearing crazy socks on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Only one in 5th grade!! I had bad dreams as a kid about going to school and looking down to see that I was still in PJ's!!

    ReplyDelete