subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have a confession to make.

Just so you know, I am blogging to the tunes being sung in the bathroom during shower time...I believe it is "Row Row Row Your Boat" done in a round. Wait, now it is "Who Built the Arc?" The girls have shower time together nightly. The conversations that they have during this time and in their room after lights out are sweet to listen to....most nights. I am glad for the decision we made to have them share a room. They are good friends to each other...except when they aren't...

On to my confession. I put out pictures a while ago of the house- how neat and orderly it is- because that is the way I like it, right? The house to date has maintained its neatness...but I have this one room- the office/play room/scrapbook room- I haven't touched it since our unpacking was done. What are we...going on 2 months here? Its a mess. There is a pile of "I have no idea what to do with you" things.
Kevin's tools have taken up permanent residence on my non-organized scrapbook table ever since the XBox incident (we don't speak of that...)
The only part of the room that is highly organized and labeled is, of course, the girls toy closet. I spent a good part of a weekend a while ago putting all their toys and American Girl stuff in a neat system for them to be able to put things back after playing with them. Looks great right?
And their play corner is always neat and ready for the next time they want to pull out their toys. They even get a throw rug to play on.

This room has become my hidden "messy place", like Monica on Friends had that closet...I can't seem to find the time or the inclination to get to it. I cringe every time I walk past it. Now Kevin, he will sit in there for hours at a time and the chaos seems completely lost on him. Don't know how he does it. I need Barb or Ann to come visit and help me!

The idea of this blog today is accountability... this weekend is it. If I haven't blogged by Monday that the room is done with pictures as proof, someone better call me on it.

2 comments:

  1. I have a room like that too. My scrapbook area remains mine and is tidy (enough to work) so I just overlook the rest, like Kevin. When someone comes to visit I am sure it will take precedent enough for me to tackle it. Sorry to hear about Alex. Speaking as a Catholic - I am sure he is in doggie heaven. Love that email you forwarded. Sue
    PS. you and Kevin looked great on your big night out. Maddie thinks so too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue for the comment! Miss you guys, hug Maddie for me :)

    ReplyDelete