subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Countdown to Halloween!


Its all so exciting. The choosing of what to be, and then weeks of mom driving everywhere on the island to try and get together all the parts and pieces of the costume together....it actually hasn't been that bad. But I will tell you this, there is no such thing as one-stop shopping on Guam.

Columbus Day is the one holiday between us and Halloween. Although I will point out to any Americans who read my blog- Columbus Day is actually Thanksgiving in disguise. So a very Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my Canadian friends and family. I hope you are all enjoying your turkey and pie....and thinking of me eating chorizo, red rice with finideni- very much missing the turkey and pie...and of course very much missing all of you!

Kevin and the girls are off on Monday for Columbus Day (aka Thanksgiving). I unfortunately have to work....not to be a whiner, just sayin'. Apparently before I got the job there were two days of school missed for some reason so this holiday Monday is used as a make-up day....so off to teach I go. The thing that kills me is there is a "Lady of Carmin" and "All Souls Day" holidays coming up that are apparently nonnegotiable as make-up days. Its all good, I am sure it will even out in the end....but that won't stop me from thinking of my family home having the day off without me- on my Thanksgiving nonetheless!


So happy non-defined holiday weekend to everyone....that is except to me who has to work. Consider yourselves warned, I will be bragging big time when Lady of Carmin day comes around....


No comments:

Post a Comment