subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, October 19, 2009

Finally...

I am so sorry to anyone who has been looking for a blog....we have been without internet (and cable for that matter!) since Thursday - oh so frustrating! There was a lot of "yes, we will send someone out by 5pm" and then the next day "oh, yes definitely someone there before the end of the day" and then of course there is the "oh no sir, we don't work on Sundays- but we will send someone out by tomorrow for sure!" Frankly, you stop believing them at some point and start praying your cable modem will spontaneously come to life on its own. So again, my apologies.

To be honest, you haven't missed much! We had a busy weekend but nothing overly noteworthy. The biggest thing was Kevin and I going to our first (yes thats right, we have been able to avoid it all 13 years of marriage) Navy Ball. I was really worried about picking a dress that wasn't too "dressy", I did just fine. My outfit fit in perfectly. By the time we got to the place (it was at the Leo Palace....same fancy hotel that hosts the girl's olympic size pools- in case you remember) I was seriously concerned about Kevin's outfit. You see, in the military apparently there are appropriate outfits per season/per event/per rank/per global placement. So the talk from him all the way to the ball was "I really hope I am wearing the right uniform".....ending with "Sam, you go in and see if there are other people in this uniform". We fortunately saw one guy walking in with the same white jacket, black pants- Kevin seemed relieved at that until I suggested he may be the waiter? What...like you aren't thinking Captain Stubbing when you see Kevin's picture?
I was humming the theme to the Love Boat all night. (Just kidding Kevin- you looked great! I was proud to be with you.)
Seriously, we had a lovely time. Shook hands, ate food, had a dance and was home by 10:30. Couldn't ask for a more streamlined evening.

The best part is....we are all set for next year's ball- turns out the purchase of our outfits was actually an investment. :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow, y'all look great! Bet Maddie and Ellie are proud as peacocks of you...I know we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are just too young looking....makes me feel ancient.Missed hearing from you but those pictures made up for all....you both looked stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good looking couple!!
    I went to a christmas party once dressed the same as the wait staff! Didn't mean to, but it was funny!

    ReplyDelete