subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Southern High

I haven't said much about my work lately. Mostly because the girls have been so busy that there was a lot to keep up with them about.
My school has been relatively quiet so far. When compared to last year with our fires and murders- this year we only have fights, a brawl (with 15 students expelled-only one was mine :), 4 drug busts, air conditioning being out and Gov. Guam being out of money therefore unable to pay their teachers. I actually secretly have my fingers crossed that they don't come up with the money- since the schools will close but I will still get paid by the College (cause that is who I work for :) I know, that makes me a little evil....... I'll end up paying for it anyway- we'll just have to
Honestly, school for me this year has been a dream. I was re-issued a laptop and projector (for those keeping score I had them stolen last year), they bought ink for my printer (had none last year) and painted my room! My students are all so great this year. Excited, focused, and eager to participate.
Its so good right now that I live in fear of it all going to pot suddenly and unexpectedly. After the nightmare-ish way it was last year- you can hardly blame me for having a little post traumatic stress, right?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this is one more instance of compromise! The year is a dream, but fights, no air conditioning (OOG), and maybe no school? Sam, you really have gone to a more positive place!!! Glad to hear that you have serious students, because I'm sure you deserve them. I was wondering about your school year, so thanks for the update. Also, did Boonie dog #2 ever show up, and what about #1? Is he still around? I really appreciate all the effort you put into keeping everyone up to date on daily life! Love to all...

    ReplyDelete