subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fitting it all in.


Here is Ellie all dressed up and ready to go to her friends birthday party!
Related to this........ I hit a breaking point of sorts today.
I have always looked at the parents that buy the birthday gift on the way to the party and thought "how do they let that happen?" Well, at my lowest point today- I sent Kevin and Ellie off to the exchange on their way to the festivities. I think I have learned a lot of similar compromises in my life in the last year or so- Melda pointed out to me that I never used to leave my house before my kitchen was completely in order....... which she followed up with "clearly you don't have that problem anymore". Ya, I am lucky if my shoes match each other when I get myself and the girls out the door in the mornings.
Here was the prerequisite for Maddy getting out the door today..... she had to clean her room! So much stuff everywhere- it totally accumulates throughout the week. But again- so busy getting to work/school that it just gets left for the weekend.
And yay for me- cleaning up my room like a big girl....... I had a lot of stuff "accumulated" too.
We have all done a lot of compromising and changing of priorities since I have gone back to work full-time...... the standards have moved from "perfection" to "does everyone at least have clean underwear?".
I can't say that the shift of priorities disturbs me. I figure how much life we are living is more important than how the living room looks :)

And lastly- Happy Anniversary to my husband. 14 years- wow. Can't complain.... I mean how many women have a husband who is sweet enough to spend their anniversary on a tropical island with them? :D

2 comments:

  1. I hope your anniversary date tonight is wonderful. Thanks so much for your help cleaning up MY mess! And that's really not what I was saying about your kitchen....... so I'm sorry I came across that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nut- I used you for literary effect...... you didn't say it that way :)

    ReplyDelete