subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Mall - Revisited.

Oh it went so much better than last time!
I don't know if you guys remember the last time we went to the mall. It wasn't pretty........
It was one week after we had gotten here last year, and Maddy was so hopeful for some shopping to take her mind off the big move, all the changes and everything she was missing at home. She really loves malls. We went through the mall here on Guam, hit the middle court and she lost it. Everything was so foreign to her, and it was just an accumulation of every bit of change she had to go through to move to Guam. Needless to say we haven't been back since.
Today, we were in search of funky shoe laces and a school bag for Maddy (her rolling one was outlawed at school) and I was told by a student that the mall had them. I was a little nervous heading back there- but we did the drive cross the island in search of the laces.
Found the laces but no schoolbag. She seemed ok- quiet but ok. Then near the end of our shopping she says "what do you not like to be reminded of mom?" followed with "I don't like to be reminded that we are on Guam"-so the good news is that the mall didn't break her this time. The sad news is that it did depress her a bit.
I consider that a win, right?

1 comment:

  1. Good for Mads!

    Like the shoes........I am sure SOMEONE in Canada will be on a search for shoelaces within hours and will send you more than you can use! :)

    Of course, you know that I would love to do it, but alas, I'm on Guam too......but dont' remind me! hee hee

    ReplyDelete