subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Homework.

Here is a quick snapshot of the girls homework tonight- I say snapshot because I only showed you the fun stuff.... there was vocabulary, science and literature I didn't photograph!
Ellie chose Aggie as her subject for the scientific process. Not sure her explanation of measurement being answered with "because animals count too and I love them" would be considered objective data- but there you have it. Oh wait, she threw in Aggie's inches and pounds.... so scientific....

Maddy made a drawing of her "road of life" ..... I love that her friend Sam from Dahlgren got a tree to represent him. And poor Nate's head injury made her road of life too..... that got a bump in the road.
Maddy gets the pink convertible- her dream car. Mine is a Jeep of course! I won't even tell you the fighting that came after Ellie realized the dead dog in the road was representative of when she was born...... which Maddy quickly fixed by adding a tiny, tiny flower next to "Ellie is born"- can't really see the flower, I think its under the dead dog.....

Here was my unexpected happy school thing today.... a student in the carpentry class made this for my desk:
Its a traditional desk plaque you see around here. Carving is huge here. Really so thoughtful, I was touched. One of my other students said I looked "official now" since all the senators on island have one of these on their desks.
Definitely something that I will keep from my Guam days :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gillams,

    I am impressed Sam and Nate made it on Maddie's road map - Nate in a not so good way but still on there. We've been keeping up with the blog and it makes you all feel so much closer. It's week 3 of school here and already the dread has begun -it will be a long year. But daddy is home and that makes a huge difference. Keep up the blogs and we'll keep reading. Love, Sue and the clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your official desk name plaque. very nice indeed.......and so very thoughtful! You are loved there by those students and you are planting seeds my friend that will be on their ROAD OF LIFE!!!!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete