subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Break- day 8

Busy day-
I had to get back into my classroom and Kevin had two work things he had to accomplish so we divvied up the kids. Ellie came to my classroom with me for the day. Maddy went off with Kevin for his work, then they took off for a long afternoon of hiking and snorkeling up north.
Ellie loved being in my class, and the kids loved seeing her. The day seemed long to me, but that is because I have been on vacation the last three days so I had sorting out to do- and because it was the last day before my spring break! That is right, I am officially on spring break..... worked out well taking my holidays this week following into time off next week.... I am a lucky duck :)

Maddy and Kevin had a great time. It was a long hard day of hiking and swimming out against the tide- but worth it apparently they saw cool things:
... crown of thorns
and the ever present monitor lizard!
Kevin apparently tried to shoo one with a stick- it wouldn't move so Maddy suggested walking around it... smart idea! I think I would have ran around it..... just sayin'.
They didn't make it back until after 7pm so Maddy missed swim practice tonight. I am sure she made up for it in physical activity today.

Maddy and Ellie's super spring break is coming to a close- I am going to try to surprise them one last time tomorrow.... if only I could come up with something!

No comments:

Post a Comment