subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, April 29, 2011

Orders!

...as in, we got them. Detach sometime in July, report sometime in August to the Naval War College in Newport, RI.

Still no relief identified, although I did get a call a couple of days ago from someone interested. He's in Japan now, and while he's not due to rotate until December, his detailer is willing to roll him early to relieve me, and, he'll count it as sea duty (he was supposed to go to a ship). So, he sounded fairly positive about it, but I gotta think his current boss might not be happy with him leaving early if he has no one to relieve him.

The good news for us is that we can now work on getting Sam and the girls back to the states (at government expense!). Worst case for me would be if I get an orders modification that extends me a month or more until I get relieved.

Nevertheless, it's good to see it on paper. The sun on Guam is shining a little brighter.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment