subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, May 15, 2010

B Time Baby!


Congratulations to Ellie who scored her first B time in the swim meet today. Oddly enough it was in the 50 breast (not traditionally her best stroke)- she took off five seconds. Ellie came in third in three events and second in one. Overall was third for points in her age group. Very proud of her.
Maddy swam her 4 events, not knocking off any major time in any of them, but not adding much either. She pretty much stayed the course.
Meet in Saipan next weekend, should be fun!

I played hooky from swim practice tonight. I am still not feeling 100% and timing at a swim meet in the hot sun all day didn't help, so I stayed home sick and let Kevin take the girls. Honestly, I forgot how great it feels to do absolutely nothing for a while- on the couch with a blanket.

Quick update on Aggie. I took her for a "walk" before I curled up on the couch- it was still hot out at 5pm but I figured she would be ok. Gotta say she was panting by the time we got back..... but at least she was panting! Her overheating problem before was from not being able to pant. Really, this surgery has erased years from her, she runs now and loves playing. When she gets excited she "jumps"..... she is so proud of herself when she is doing this "jumping" that we don't have the heart to tell her that really she is only hopping a half inch off the floor..... and its only her front paws.
Love that I can report on how well Aggie is doing, it could have been so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment