subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Sunday Before.....Super Bowl Monday?

Looking forward to my holiday tomorrow- Super Bowl Monday! I think when I get back to the states I'm going to petition the Governor (not sure which Governor as I'm not sure which state we are moving to.... but thats a whole other issue) to make Super Bowl Monday an official holiday. I'm not sure I can go back to the regular way of living without a football holiday......
So Kevin and I will be off tomorrow- but unfortunately for the girls, they are in the DODEA system, which extends to schools from outside Guam, which means they will be in school on this most sacred of holidays. They'll just have to wait until President's Day for a day off.

Today was great- church in the morning, lunch at home, cleaning and grocery shopping in the afternoon, a sit-down supper, followed by a card game and some reading. Nice day.
I have to show you this photo:
No, Ellie is not beating Aggie with a stick. She is actually trying to be kind- Aggie was itchy so Ellie ran to get a stick to help with the scratching. But man did it look funny looking on from the house. I wonder if any passing people thought to call the Humane Society...... thankfully Aggie will be in to the vet for a cortisone shot tomorrow so will be a LOT less itchy.

Our after lunch activities included homework.
Maddy has a math test tomorrow.
Lately Kevin has been Maddy's "go-to" for math at home. He checks her homework, goes over concepts with her- and today was studying with her. I am really liking this. Its nice to have something that is just about Maddy and Daddy- usually I am the go-to, but this way Kevin is involved. Its worked out well.
Ellie had flash cards to make- they are on the sevens this week. She is doing great with her multiplication tables. Really, any and all homework is loved by Ellie. She has a unique ability to see work as an opportunity..... really hoping she keeps up with this perspective!

I spent some time this afternoon organizing our play/computer/scrapbook room.
With Maddy's help I redid my scrapbooking storage. I am a little leery about her sorting system- my patterned paper is now sorted into "winter", "summer", "spring" and "fall" colors. My brads and buttons are sorted into "super cute" and "sa-weet" sections. Might be awkward when I sit down to scrap.....
I am just glad she was interested in doing it- I was surprised when she came in and offered. It took a lot for me to be quiet about her system- I was really trying to encourage her doing some organizing- any organizing! She usually resists it like the plague! Not a neat girl by nature.....
Unlike Ellie:
Ellie is all about having a system, and she is not afraid to spend some time to be sure she has things organized "just-so". This photo above is Ellie's cupboard of her American Girl stuff. She got the shelves from Melda for her birthday and you would have thought she won the lottery! She was so excited to have an organizable place all to herself.
Not sure who she takes after...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment