subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ellie's perfect day....

Ellie informed me after school today "you know mom, I just knew today would be my perfect day".
She proceeded to tell me that it was perfect because; she had cheese nips in her lunch, that even though it looked like rain they got recess anyway, she got her necklace back from PE that had been lost, she danced well at her cultural dance class, and she was chosen for and read perfectly for the morning announcements for the whole school. Yes, the perfect day.
The best part was later when she was misbehaving I was about to inform her that she was going to lose her after swimming snack- when she said "No, no wait, please! Please, I can't have anything ruin my perfect day!" How could I not show some grace for that plea?

Maddy is hoping for the perfect day tomorrow.
She has been given permission (by me- and really, don't know what I was thinking) to attend a dance at school. The dress you see in the photo above is what she plans to wear (courtesy of Alyssa and Barb :). You will notice that she organized the whole outfit and laid it out two days in advance..... so yes, she can be organized when it suits her. Madison assures me that going to this dance is all about hanging with her friends. It starts at 3pm and I am picking her up at 4:15.... how much trouble can she possibly get in within an hour and 15 min? I'll let you know tomorrow night....

Here is a great photo:
Jodi working at her "clinic" at the mission in Haiti. Still so proud of her!
We received a package from her today in the mail. SO exciting. The girls were over the top excited (thanks Jodie!!!). The biggest hit (besides the crafts) was a CD of worship songs from the pastor where she was, and hairbands made by Haitian women. Ellie is taking her hairband and the CD for show and tell tomorrow along with photos Jodi sent from Haiti.
The countdown is on here- it was announced by the girls today that it is "10 days until Jodi comes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment