subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Did you miss us?

SO sorry to have been so absent the last few days. I have been coming in the door and going straight to bed with crazy coughing and headaches. Not trying to complain- just looking for some grace :) Again- really sorry.

Today was a great "down" day. And by down I mean pretty busy but some time in between to do some nothing stuff.
This cracked me up- the girls pulled out our portable DVD player.
I think they are so missing the ability to go on road trips- really, nothing further than 30 miles- that they got it out to watch a movie on it.
They were literally sitting on the couch in front of a big screen tv that honestly does have a working DVD player....... and they chose the portable one- funny.

They had some great play time before their Leo Palace practice this morning, so were glad to get out the LPS (littlest pet shop) guys.
Kevin took them out to the morning swim practice. He loves taking them to the Leo Palace practices since he started training for the Exterra. There is a great trail out there for running- even took his bike the one time- and then Coach Toshi allows him some pool time after his run. He gets his own lane since it would be embarrassing if he were lapped by the senior swimmers in a 50 meter pool.
These are the new running shoes I got Kevin for Christmas. Funny looking huh? They look even freakier on. These are supposedly the ultimate running shoes- funny thing is he can barely wear them. He went for one run in them when he got them and couldn't walk for a week. Apparently it is such a different running motion with them that your calves get a HUGE workout. Kevin is trying to work up into wearing them more- so he only uses them on short runs.
Great Christmas present I got him eh? Can't barely use them, and they hurt when he does....... nice.
Kevin got very little computer time this weekend so far. I know he is hoping for some either tomorrow or Monday- yes thats right, here on Guam we get Super Bowl Monday off of work. Of all the holidays- this is the craziest one yet. I don't get Presidents Day off- but sure do get Super Bowl Monday.... don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. A day off is a day off- just thinking its weird....
And really, not sure who loves it more when Kevin gets computer time- him or Aggie.
She loves spending extended periods of time hanging near Kevin :)

The girls had their second swim practice- so Kevin and I took them there, then left for dinner out at Ruby Tuesdays. Nice date night- though Kevin kept trying to convince me this was our Valentine's Day date...... I don't think so! Though I give him credit for a nice try.

This is cute. I see this a lot around our house lately:
Ellie LOVES her new doll Kate that she got for her birthday (thanks Grandma Gillam :) and of course Brown Bear has been her best friend since her first Christmas..... so really it would only make sense that Brown Bear and Kate would get to be such close friends. I keep finding them hanging out together in different parts of the house- so cute.

Lastly- a huge happy birthday to Esther. I love you so much Esther! Hope your birthday was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment