subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Phone Photos

Sorry about the quality of todays photos- all were taken on my iphone.... not bad but still, not great.
I have been banned from sounding excited about coming home, and no longer allowed to do the days left on Guam countdown- I have been informed that it is insensitive to those I am leaving behind (sorry Mel :(
Truly though, I don't think leaving Guam will be difficult- we will most likely never be here again, and I am ok with that- its the people we are going to miss, not the island itself. And really- I am not happy about leaving Melda and the boys behind, but at least them we know 100% that we will see them again, no questions. They aren't Guam friends, they are forever friends and there is nothing temporary about that.
But ya Mel, for you- no more countdown :P

I have been spending a lot more time in and around Kevin's office since I have become a stay at home mom, and since we are down to one car (lots of drop-offs and pick-ups..... though not as many bike-rides as Kevin has been doing). And I have discovered that he has a nice office!

I should have taken one more photo of the other side of the room with a huge conference table. Big office! Not sure he will ever have one quite this big again after this job, but we'll see....

Maddy's certificate came in the mail today-
1st place in all Guam for their E-cybermission science experiment that they submitted. Really so happy and so proud of a lot of neat honors she has gotten this year (on the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) team, invited to DC for a youth leadership conference, invited to join the Jr National Honors Society, school finalist for the geography bee, on the academic challenge bowl team, on the principles honor (straight A's) list for every quarter this year). Yes, it seems a bit braggy- but I think since she has really done so very well.... I think I can do a little kvelling!

Stayed home from swim practice tonight.
Yes you heard correctly- its an unusual thing, but there it is.
Maddy still has an outer ear infection- today is actually the first day it is starting to feel better. Gotta love how she has to hold her head when the ear drops are in:

And Ellie had homework she was trying to finish up:

Yes, her homework was reading.
Tomorrow is the last day for reading points at school. Ellie had set a goal for herself to finish this Fablehaven book and get the points for it- so Ellie pointed out to me that I have always said homework comes first. That combined with the fact that Maddy wasn't swimming, supper wasn't ready and Kevin miraculously appeared home at 4:20..... I admitted defeat and we all stayed home.
Ellie spent the whole evening at home finishing up the reading points book, Maddy read her new James Patterson book, Kevin was on his iPad, Aggie slept in her bed at my feet, and I blogged early :).
Nice quiet night for the Gillams.
I'll have to commit this night to memory since we have a lot of busy days coming......

No comments:

Post a Comment