subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, June 2, 2011

17 more blogs......

Hey! Its working!
I figured since I had received a few "where is your blog" emails, I should give it another shot- I walked away from it completely frustrated 3 days ago when it totally wasn't working- so I gave it a try, and here it is :)
The girls and I are on a countdown..... 17 more days until we leave. A little sad leaving Kevin and Aggie behind, but we will be glad to get home and start the summer. I heard the first "I don't want to leave Guam" this morning from Ellie. I am hoping the looking forward to the summer part will overcome the sadness of leaving. I really think leaving the swim team will be hardest on both, but Ellie loves her teacher and classroom so that may be rough too. Maddy most likely will run out of that school throwing all her math notes into the air as she goes..... her final test is today so have her in your prayers!
I think all the plans I can make for the summer are made (thank you to Dad, Micki and Julie for booking some of the stuff :). We will be stopping in Hawaii for two nights on the way through- so that'll be nice. I am hoping it will help us to be less exhausted when we get to Canada. We get to go to a luau!
The girls have made a list of "final" things they want to do on Guam including such things as a polynesian dinner show, water park visit, beach with the Thorntons, and visiting the Cold Stone ice cream store after getting their toenails done. My list is short, Thai food once a week until we go.....

Last weekend was Memorial Day weekend:
A lot of our time was spent with Ellie's Chamorro Dance shows, nice to finish that up- great memories for her.
A big part of it being an epic weekend for the girls was the sleepover we had on Sunday night!
The girl's two swim team friends came, ate, swam...
and slept over! This is a big deal in our house since we hardly ever have sleepovers. They had a blast, doing every girly-fun-sleepover thing you can think of. It was a nice one last "doomsday" (thats what the girls call it? no idea why...) thing to do with some friends that the girls are really gonna miss.

Had our year end Tsunami bash on the holiday Monday.
Congratulations to Melda:
the newest Tsunami Board Member! I am stepping down, and happy to hand over the Merchandise Coordinator title. She already has plans to improve the process- seriously, Godspeed with that!
The party was at the back of the Outrigger Hotel which walks out onto the beach
so all the kids had a great time playing on the beach, in the ocean, having good food in between awards being handed out.
A huge congratulations to both my girls!
-both received again this year the "Outstanding Swimmer" award.
Its kinda a big deal- the awards are all chosen by Coach Toshi, and not chosen lightly. The award the girls received has to do with being dedicated to attending practices, for attentiveness to their coaches and cooperation with their team mates. It is an honor for them both, and I am really proud.
It was also really sweet of the team to give us as a goodbye gift, a large poster signed by the whole team. So thoughtful of them.
I am going to miss this team. The coaches and parents have been amazing.
Coach Lewis, Coach Toshi and the Tsunami team is probably the thing that the girls will miss most on Guam.

Alright- 16 more blogs to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment