subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Leaving Guam

I really don't have many words to say about leaving Guam. I am so emotionally done with saying good-byes. I am exhausted.
So hard leaving the people here (Melda puts how much we are going to miss the Thorntons in a nutshell for me - click here to read it). I couldn't even watch Melda singing in church this morning without crying.
Love that Zion face! Gonna miss those boys.

Our last days have been a whirl

Japanese time trial up at Leo Palace- amazing experience that will need its own blog to cover properly.
And a Tsunami going away party for us.
SO hard getting out of there without being sad.
We are going to miss this team, this amazing coaching, these amazing people.


Spent today finishing up the Guam Bucket List
Cold Stone Ice Cream
Nails at the salon!

It will be nice to be on the plane tomorrow if only to not think about all the sadness of leaving, worrying of packing, the effort of finishing up here.
I know its been great for us, cause its hard to leave.

A couple of sidebar items from last week:
Maddy got third place in the science fair for the entire middle school! So proud again!
Ellie made it through her last day of school- sad but I am proud to say with minimal tears. She is going to miss that class!
Also proud that she saved her money for the last year and bought herself a kindle! I was skeptical at first- but let me tell you, packing one kindle sure beats packing the 7 books we usually would have!

So, we're packed and ready- alarm set for o-dark-thirty.
Thanks for reading for the past two years. I am glad I had the chance to share what's been going on with us while we have been so far away :)
A happy summer to everyone, and a big ADIOS to Guam- we'll just have to see what the next duty station holds for us..... maybe it will be blog-able?

1 comment:

  1. Well, as you know I lived vicariously via this blog! Thanks for all the posts! If you end up in Virginia, it just wont be the same!

    ReplyDelete