subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, May 19, 2011

School is coming to a close....

I am really getting sad!
Today was senior countdown:
Looking at some of my students counting down their last minute in high school..... really sad. Though most of them will still be dropping in my class as they do their official checking out tomorrow- its not the same. I just really hope they do well in life.
I guess the one heartening part of this coming to an end business is that a lot of my students were disappointed today because they were writing the last of their lecture notes in my class..... I can't ever remember being sad to be finishing a class- so I guess it must have been a positive experience for them :)

Went with the girls to the hair salon after school:

- played hooky from swimming tonight!
So much fun for the girls- they were treated to tea before their hair cuts.

-the girls are now 3 and a half weeks till the end of school

And its official- we have plane tickets off the island for June 20th. We should be coming into Buffalo the 22nd....... the last leg of our trip isn't booked yet, hopefully it will be set in stone tomorrow-hopefully....

The girls are starting to look forward to the trip home, and the summer to follow.

I am sure the looking forward part will help them feel less sad about leaving their friends on Guam behind.
Its nice to see them hanging out together around the house, that they actually enjoy each others company. That helps too when it comes to moving time.

Fun side note:
I had to snap this photo (although you can barely see it). It is the moon, which was still out as I was going to the gym in the morning!
You know you are up too early when....... I'm just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment