subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, May 2, 2011

Randomness

Really nothing to blog
This is just a random photo I took on a gym morning. I get to see more sunrises now than I care for- 5am at the gym is brutal!

Here is a video from church Sunday. These singers are from Pacific Island University here on Guam. The university was a bible college but is now fully accredited for degrees in various areas. This is the third time they have come to our church. I LOVE it when they come. Their singing is so unique..... this video doesn't do them justice (and I missed taping my favorite song).
Whenever these guys sing it always brings tears to my eyes. The students are from Guam, Chuuk, Palau and other nearby islands...... they are local, late-teens who are doing well, getting an education and are in the church.
Every time I see them, I think of my students, and wish so much they could find something like this. The odds are that they won't, only 5% of all graduates of high school here go on to higher education. It makes me sad to think that.

And just to share......
This is Ellie's choice for a landscape project. Can't wait to see what she does with it :)
Huh- look at that, I did have stuff to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment