subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Shoes, Same Old Attitude

I don't know how it happened, but all of a sudden this morning I realized that Ellie's runners were too snug to be her everyday shoes- and Kevin decided that Maddie's runners "weren't real runners". So the day before school starts we were shoe shopping- Ellie a five minute "yup they fit" purchase- Maddie a 30 minute "I don't want real runners, I should be able to choose what kind I want, where are the sparkles" lots of tears.....and sold! I am sure it would have gone much more smoothly if Grandma Gillam were in charge of the shoe-buying-fiasco.

Really not looking forward to them back to school. I love having them home, we always have fun, lazy summer days together.
As they were going to bed Maddie says "I want my summer back". Ellie answers, always the helper for her sister "its ok Maddie, even me, the one who likes meeting new people is a little nervous".
I am sure there will be lots of "first day of school" pictures in tomorrow's blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love Maddie's new look! Who's doing her make-up nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see pictures of y'all down there in paradise. Weather wise it is not to bad of a day, but, to-night it is to become quite chilly, time to get the long johns ready, ha-ha. Those are nice selection of plants that you have their Kevin and from what I see from the picture it looks pretty good. This blog idea of yours Sam is absolutely wonderful, and grandma gets a real kick coming over to see and hear the latest happenings with you guys, as we all are. Every one is doing ok here and we all send our love to you all.

    Sue & Joe

    ReplyDelete