subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Time for an Update I Suppose

Not sure if anyone is even checking this now that Sam is back in Canada for the summer, but, I promised her I would try and update it at least once a week - so here goes.

Aggie and I have been living pretty well since Sam and the girls left. I feel a bit bad for Aggie though as Sam, Maddie and Ellie got home at three every day, but I haven't been getting back from work until around six in the evening. I do try and pop in around lunchtime when I can though.

Today (Sunday), Mike Thornton and I went snorkeling out to a rope swing on the south side of the base. Wading in at Old Wives Beach, we swam out to the end of the cliff line and took a right following the cliff. It wasn't far, just around the corner really. We saw a great 'crown of thorns' starfish on the way (photo below courtesy of Mike - I couldn't breath hold that deep (probably 30 feet)).

The rope swing was fun, we were both a little nervous at first, and neither one of us attempted a flip. A few weeks back some guy fractured one of the bones in his lower back on the swing. Luckily, Mike and I got out of there unscathed. Below are some of the photos from our adventure. There are a couple other sights I want to see while I'm living the bachelor life, hopefully Mike will be up for it too.
Crown of Thorns Starfish

If I look scared, it's because I was

Mike's thinking about doin' a flip

Me, checking out some hole






2 comments:

  1. I am still checking the blog....somewhat to make sure you two are behaving yourselves! :)
    Mike is only 'single' for 5 more weeks, so plan all the fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crown of thorns is amazing! Looks like you bachelors are having some fun!

    ReplyDelete