subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Same old, same old...

Sorry, no pictures to post.

I made a list when Sam and the girls left for Canada, and slowly get to the items on the weekends. Some of the items 'To Do' include clearing out clogged shower drains (yes, both showers are partially clogged thanks to long hair; thanks Sam and Ellie - just sayin'), fixing Ellie's flat rear bicycle tire, washing and vacuuming both cars, and trying to fix our iPhoto Library of photos.

Today, I tackled the iPhoto Library problem (I handled Ellie's flat bicycle tire and the clogged drains last week).

I tried the "automatic repair" (path of least resistance), no luck. Then I tried the "manual repair", still nothing. Fearing for my safety if I lost all of our old photos, I pulled the hard drive from my computer (a Windows-based computer), and hooked it up to Sam's iMac. I had to manually reload all the old photos, but it seemed to do the trick. While I was at it, I did a little reorganizing of the photo albums.

This afternoon, I went for a "Run, swim, run" to Gab Gab beach. As much as I dread it before I start, once I finally get to Gab Gab and jump in for the swim portion I always wonder why I don't do the run-swim-run more often. I've also set a goal for myself, run 40 miles per month. This will work out to 480 miles in a year (maybe 500 miles if I can exceed my 40 per month goal enough times). We'll see how it goes. I'm using the Nike+ with my iPod Nano to track the miles.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I get the drain clogging issue- I have a lot of hair! But really, organizing my pictures while I am gone? That's just a little OCD....didn't know there was anything wrong with my photo organizing system?! I kinda liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete